• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

SiriusXM Weather to ForeFlight and Music through GMA 340

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodakota

Reaction score
Need some advice. My Dakota has a 530w, 430w, GTX 330EX, GMA 340 audio panel and a GDL69A. I also fly with ForeFlight and a Stratus2S so I have ADS-B Weather and Traffic in ForeFlight.

The subscription on the GDL69A is expired. My wife wants some SiriusXM music and I would like Sirius Weather added to ForeFlight.

I’m not as concerned about weather on my 530/430 but music through the audio panel would be nice since I don’t have a Bluetooth audio panel.

I do have 4 Bluetooth enabled headsets. 2 Lightspeed Tango’s and 2 Lightspeed Sierra’s

The GDL51 or GDL52 looks like one way for getting SiriusXM weather to ForeFlight. It looks like the GDL52 would replace the Stratus2S. I’m not sure if you can have more than one headset paired to the GDL51/2 at a time. If I had a Bluetooth audio panel I could pipe the music to all the headsets by connecting the GDL51/2 to the audio panel. But I don’t want to throw down the $$$$ for a GMA 345.

I also want a FlightStream 210. I see that it will send SiriusXM weather from the GDL 69A to ForeFlight via Bluetooth.

So I guess the cheapest and most functional route would to be get a FlightStream 210, get the SiriusXM Pilot for ForeFlight aviation package and a music subscription for the GDL 69A and continue to use the Stratus2S for ADS-B traffic/weather in ForeFlight.

This should result in

XM Weather on my 530/430
Music to all headsets through existing audio panel
Flight plan syncing from ForeFlight to 530/430
SiruisXM weather via Bluetooth from FlightStream 210 (from GDL 69A) to iPad/ForeFlight

Is my thinking correct?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back