• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Singing' the First Annual Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guzziguy

Reaction score
First post. Loving this forum.

1967 PA28R-180
First Plane

I fully expected that my first annual would probably find a few items that needed attention...

Among other things, it turns out the prop governor is gonna need work or replacement. The prop shop who looked it over said she was surprised it lasted this long and was surprised I was still in one piece (rust/corrosion).

My mech is constantly apologizing for always bringing bad (and expensive) news. I keep telling him to not feel bad, that this is what inspections are FOR and because this is only a hobby, there is no need that everything gets fixed right now (with the attendant whopper of a bill); we can space the work out and do things right.

In the midst of all this unexpected equanimity, I AM curious as to what this is going to tally to. I've looked on Aircraft Spruce only to discover numerous models, etc for a prop governor. I'm at a loss as to what I need (for now, I'm sure the mech will fill me in sooner or later).

I have a Maccauley 3-bladed prop.
Any estimates on full replacement and labor?

Tks guys, great forum
Robert

Latest posts

Back