• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My First Annual As An Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm about to go into my first annual as an aircraft owner, so I'm glad to be able to lean on this forum to share knowledge and experiences with annuals.

Primarily what I'm looking for is a solid checklist that I can go over with the mechanic to ensure we've done a comprehensive annual. If anyone has such a checklist, that would be much appreciated!

A little background on the plane:
Bought it back in August
1970 PA28R-200
TT
: 3076
SMOH: 1909
Time on Prop: 950
Time on Vacuum Pump: 45

I'm going to get SB 1345 performed for peace of mind, and know that I need to start oil analysis and get a compression test. I also have a couple small things I want to get corrected.

What else should I be aware/wary of going into the annual?

Also, what else have people done during this period of forced down time that they enjoyed? I'm thinking of restoring the seats and possibly getting some of my plastics hydro-dipped to restore them.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back