• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Seneca II drain next to cowl flaps leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need help, my Mechanic seems to have run out of ideas.

Both my engines are 250 hrs SMOH, all accessories were overhauled or installed new at the time of over haul.

I noticed drops of oil draining out the little 1/4 steel tube (the one toward the back end of lower cowling) that extends out of the inboard left engine cowl just ahead of the inboard cowl flap.

In tracing the metal tube goes to (engine driven) fuel pump. My mechanic announced bad fuel pump and installed an overhauled unit. ....BUT... the leak did not stop, (mechanic told me to fly a few hours there might me some left over oil in the tube) .....many hours later..leak continued. Mechanic discussed with somebody and suggested Turbo valves may be the problem and exchanged right with left side. ......leak continues.... the current Idea from mechanic is ..."do not idle while taxiing"..............tried that .........but leak continues.........

My mechanic does not seem to know the next step.

I have received from great tips from this forum, will appreciate any input.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back