• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Seeking Cherokee Six Landing Expertise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Seeking Cherokee Six Landing Expertise​

I'm happy to announce I've recently acquired a Cherokee Six and I'm eager to further refine my proficiency with this aircraft. While confident in core piloting principles, I'm particularly interested in honing my landing skills for optimal smoothness and precision.

To that end, I'd be grateful for insights from experienced Cherokee Six pilots or those well-versed in landing techniques for similar aircraft. Specifically, I'm seeking guidance on:
  • Optimal approach speeds and flap configurations considering weight and wind variations.
  • Effective crosswind management strategies during landing.
  • Valuable "aha!" moments or common pitfalls you've encountered and how you've addressed them.
  • General landing best practices specific to the Cherokee Six.
  • Cruise configuration
  • Best take off practices
I'm committed to continuous learning and believe this collective wisdom will significantly enhance my piloting expertise. Any additional resources, such as informative articles or relevant videos, would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for sharing your invaluable knowledge.

Safe Skies,

Tony

Latest posts

Back