• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Scratchy Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobAndy

Reaction score
So in the 'continuing adventures of owning an aircraft' I've found the non-vor half of my radio quit receiving (whatever happened popped the CB out) and I suspect transmitting, the transponder doesnt transpond to anybody and the ignition barrel is worn out so the starter only engages when it feels like it if I don't hold the key a certain way while touching my nose to my knee and sticking my leg to the sky. At least it doesnt come on randomly.

But worse than all that, the paint is ****!

I mean look at it! (attached).

Now given that 'frost' and icing (as described) destroys lift/increases drag by a big factor and the surface of this paint feels like medium grain sandpaper, I feel like it might even have similar characteristics to mild frosting. Is it probable/possible that my ****ty paint is slowing me down and hurting my climb rate?

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

Latest posts

Back