• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Saratoga vs. Lance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdfrey1

Reaction score
I am fairly close to upgrading from my Archer. I've done quite a bit of research and what I really want is an early to mid-80's Turbo Saratoga. I've read all the articles comparing the PA32 to the Cessna 210 and Beech A36 and there are many reasons why I want to buy the Piper. What I think I will face now though is the decision between a Lance and a Saratoga. I know I definitely don't want the T-tail Lance but I have seen a lot of very nicely equipped and refurbished Lance's at a fraction of the cost of a Saratoga. My biggest issue though is the Hersheybar wing. I've owned both a 1966 Cherokee 180C and now the 1979 Archer II and in my opinion the Hersheybar wing on the 180 was much less stable and didn't perform as well taking off and landing. For those of you that have experience can I expect the same difference between the Lance and Saratoga? What other things do I need to consider in this family? Do you know of anyone wanting to sell either of these types of planes? If so, please PM me.

Latest posts

Back