• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Saratoga TC wanders on takeoff roll.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a new 2007 Saratoga TC owner and, on every takeoff, if I don't hold the yoke pretty much full forward until rotation speed the plane starts to feel very loose in the nose gear and tries to wander back and forth. When I first bought the plane it had a tendency to yaw pretty hard to the left after rotation no matter how much rudder trim or right rudder you used. We found that the rudder trim bracket had broke and when it was fixed was installed backwards. We fixed that and the plane fly's normal after rotation, but it didn't really help with the take off roll issue. The plane has no issue on landings seems to be fine. I can hold the yoke to about the neutral position and the plane is fine until about 70 knots and then it gets squirrelly if you don't push the yoke almost full forward. Most of the time I only fly with 1 or 2 other people so I am pretty light. I have put weight in the back and it seems to have no effect on the issue. It feels to me like something is loose or becomes loose the faster you go in the nose gear. We have checked it and it seems tight what are we missing. The plane has about 1800 hrs on it.
Thanks
David

Latest posts

Back