• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Rough Engine on One Mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpdice

Fox 6 WBRC Meteorologist
Reaction score
It has been broken airplane week around here. I got my electrical issued fixed and was ready to fly, but....

At runup, the left mag checked out fine, but when I switched to the right mag the engine sputtered and would barely keep running. I thought it might be a dirty plug so I tried burning it off. That failed to help. I had an A&P try to burn it off and still no luck.

The plugs have about 500 hours on them. The right mag (Slick) was replaced and has about 30 hours on it. The O-360 has about 500 SMOH.

Engine starts fine and runs smoothly on both. But, on the right mag setting it is terrible.

Thoughts from the experts...

JP

Latest posts

Back