• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Western PA Nostalgia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweety

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/3017330/biden-isnt-getting-that-erie-feeling/

As a toddler, my first trip to the beach was to Presque Isle. My parents had movie film of me expressing my disapproval of the cold Lake Erie water. As a teen I went to Waldameer Park, altho I was partial to Kennywwod, south of Pittsburgh or Conneaut Lake Park. In the 60's Lake Erie was plagued with cities pumping raw polution into the lake, causing die-offs of small menhadan, which left the shore a stinking mess. Last time I was back a couple of decades ago to care for my mother, the lake had improved significantly.. Erie had a GE locomotive plant that went all the back to making electric interurban locos but it's been sold to Alstrom. There was also a steel plant that had weird chimneys. Instead of going straight up they curved down to a pollution reduction facility. Erie was definately a working-class city back then.

Latest posts

Back