• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Rebuild of a neglected Cherokee 180

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Greg, my brother Kelly and I have recently purchased a neglected 72 Cherokee 180 to restore. I have about 20 hours toward my license, when I was in high school, and he has not started training yet.Just for a little background info although we are not A&P's we have been mechanics our whole lives. We started racing at as kids working from Sprint karts through Dwarf cars, Mod lights, V8 sprints, asphalt, and dirt Late models. We built and sold Mod lights from from the jig up. We are both currently maintenance mechanics​ in a specialty plastics chemical company working primarily as electrical & instrumentation mechanics, but with specialty train as both E&I and Mech fields. We have friends locally who are A&P's that will be helping with the rebuild. Sorry for the long first post, I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions. I'll try to keep up with our progress, and welcome all comments​ suggestions

IMG_20170114_093707268.jpg

IMG_20170114_093634417.jpg

Latest posts

Back