• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Proper airport ethics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rightrudder

Reaction score
The longer I’m in aviation the more I learn . About does and don’t around airports

Just wanted to hear some story’s about situations that happen at different airports ? I seem to be running into I guess I would say grumpy aviators . It seems to be same at every airport . Tenants complaining about the littlest petty things . Most of the time instead of confronting each other like men they complain to others or airport manager.

Example , I. Was parking my company truck which is old and somewhat rusty , next to my hanger like most people do at or airport, gentlemen directly across from me in the adjacent hangers , who I have spoke to many times with casual conversation. Emails the airport manager that I had blocked the taxi way and he couldn’t get his plane out .. he also stated that he was going to contact my employer because he didn’t want to be responsible for prop washing my company truck . Which is 5 years old and has 130,000 miles .,
I couldn’t resist getting out my tape measure , from the edge of my truck to the rest of the black top was 62’ , usually big area ! then another 25’ of grass to the edge of his hanger
He flys a Cherokee 140 , so technically we could of got both planes and my truck easily lined up across the area with room to spare . Note my plane was in the hanger with door closed and truck park in front of the hanger so he knew I had no intentions of flying ..

Another example I ran into at another airport, this was in open hangers where no walls between anyone but everyone has there own door . I owned a high wing 182 , gentlemen beside me put a old blanket over his plane and a towel over his wing he flew maybe 10 hrs a year , I flew 100 hrs a year , well every time I opened my doors his blanket and towel would blow off if there was any wind at all , so I would put them back on when I closed my hanger doors for the day ,, I was in a hurry one evening. Didn’t put the blankets or towel back on ,, airport manager comes to me “ we have a complaint you are prop washing other tenants planes “ are you serious?

Wouldn’t a grass strip outside of your house be nice?

Latest posts

Back