• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Ferry Permit - II -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptTH

Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack the other thread in similar subject so here's my specific situation:

- I've found a PA 38-112 (Tomahawk) in the state of GA I'd like to purchase but unfortunately I am in CA...

- Owner had an annual performed on this plane on October 2022 and everything was OK including all the ADs etc.

- Then he flew approx 2,5 hrs in October 2022 and a week after that he had a heart attack.

- Naturally plane was not flown after that & since November 1st, 2023 plane is out of Annual and the owner lost his medical.

- Is it possible to get a ferry permit for that plane for me to fly it to CA so the annual could be performed by my Tomahawk expert mechanic could do the job?

OR; Does a ferry permit only could be obtained for the plane to be flown to the nearest possible airport where an annual could be performed?

Note: The ADs for PA38-112 are all hrs related and since the plane only flown 2,5 hrs after its last annual there will be no any new additional AD due. So that will not be an issue.
So, if a mechanic performs a safety check the plane and signs of airworthiness of it, will that be enough to fly it from that out of nowhere airport?

Latest posts

Back