• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Propeller wanted for PA28-140

JohnPhillips

Reaction score
I'm near Sensenich in Lancaster, PA. If you end of deciding to buy new I purchased my 74DM6-0-58 there for $4,200.

Tom

Reaction score
I would check the ADs on that prop, some installations based on the engine require the letter K at the end of the propeller serial number....

Tom

Reaction score

propjoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the last 5 years I have seen 5 non K, Sent to Sensenich and all 5 came back scrap due to blade dimensions.....

Do you work there Tom?
Wow, I find it odd that so many miss the AD at annual? The original issuance of the K mod AD was 1969!

Edit: Then again, Since they had to go back to Sensenich for the K mod anyway, that may have been how you saw so many...

Last edited:

Tom

Reaction score
Don't work for them, Joe, found those doing Inspections in my shop, just a lot of lazy folks doing Annuals that don't take the time to verify things as this prop requires removal, or at least removal of the fwd spinner bhead to verify the S/N....

Latest posts