• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Position Lights inop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skymark

Reaction score
As I have pointed out in another post I just got my 180 a week ago and I am slowly working of various squawks. One of which is the inop formation lights. When the shop that did the prebuy sent a report they mentioned the strobes were inop but the formation light did in fact work. I wanted an allowance for the strobes in the event the power supply was bad. He came back a day later and said they found a bad wire and they now worked. I have power to the circuit breaker but not to the split nav light switch. The diagram shows a wire going from the dimmer to the circuit ground to the switch. Does the rheostat control the formation intensity? If not the only answer is an open between the breaker and the switch. Also there is no reference to the location of the bus blocks. The three lights come to a common terminal block and I was hoping someone knows where that is located. I can start pulling panels but a little experience might save me a little time.

Latest posts

Back