• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Cherokee Tail Beacon Flasher Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domenick

Reaction score
The coffee can tail beacon flasher blew on my 1979 Piper Warrior (PA-28-161). Purchased a replacement. Pulled the red cover and the blown flasher. The aircraft cable ends in a molex connector about 2" INSIDE the tail fin. Fussed and farted with it for some time with no joy.

The MX manual states the fin tip fairing must be removed. Is that fairing removable without removing the rudder? It seems so from photos of replacement fairings, but before I start squirting rusty screws with Blaster it would be good to know for sure.

Any idea or experience in how to get it done without pulling the fairing? What kind of !@#$%&*! engineer doesn't add two inches to a cable to avoid pulling a fairing!?

BTW, the tail fin flasher is not legally required since my wingtip strobes provide the required 360* visibility. But dam it, I want it working.

I am considering crawling into the empennage and hoping to find 2" of slack on the cabling from strobe power supply to tail fin.

Latest posts

Back