• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Cherokee Rocking Seat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Front seats on the mid-70's Cherokee I fly have a "rocking" problem. Movement fore to aft is not a problem, the seat latch works just fine. However, the seat moves in a rocking motion a little more than I would like. To explain, if you are standing on the wing and grab either front seat under the front lip with your right hand and put your left hand on the seat back, you can push up with your right and back with your left to move the seat like a rocking chair. Not a lot, but enough that it is noticeable.

Looking at the seat hardware the tracks don't look bad and nothing looks broken. But I was wondering if some of the movement parts are a little worn down. Could the seat rollers, like this one be worn down and allowing play in the seat? Has anyone else experienced this issue? What was the fix?

Latest posts

Back