• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

piper autocontrol III roll command knob in-op

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary235

Reaction score
I have the piper autocontrol III (a.k.a. Century IIB) autopilot in my Cherokee 235. I really like it and it works great for all my needs (long cruise flights, instrument approaches, etc).

However the roll command knob does nothing at all. This bothers me. It doesn't matter if I have heading mode on or off. In fact the heading mode button doesn't really do anything either. It behaves as if it is always in heading mode as far as I can tell. (this is probably the answer to the question - i should have the heading mode switch checked).

Perhaps the title of this thread should have been "piper autocontrol III heading mode stuck on" or some such. Still. interested if anyone has seen/heard of this happening and/or if there is a simple resolution.

Anyone else experience this? Any troubleshooting tips?

-G

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back