• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Back to Auto Pilots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjiv

PA28-236
Reaction score
I am due for AP and saw past comments about TT/Aspen and their integration but I still have some questions. So here we are again... Yes, I have read most of the older threads and comments.

I have a Dakota, fitted with Aspen ProMax (G5 backup) , IFD540 and would be replacing the old century21. Century worked alright so far, but like it did few years ago, it started to wander and occasionally make right turns when flying straight and level. I feel like it got mind of its own on those occasions and it stop listening to Aspen GPSS steer at all. Last time, I serviced the servo and to was acting well for few years and maybe I can go that route again. But I think this give me a reason to go digital and just upgrade the unit.

On some Youtube videos, it shows that you have to enter alt, baro, headings etc directly in TT even when the guy had the Aspen Installed. Thats what confused me. Also watching all the videos, it seems TT is basically all twist, turn n push single knob operation where as Trio seems to have some direct buttons and access to features. On a different forum, members complained about TT interface with Aspen and chain it to be lousy and useless.

Some shop told me that GFC500 would be better option as its fully certified and they can make it work off G5, that overrides my whole purpose of Aspen being the primary instrument display. G5 doesn't auto sync data from Aspen so I would be handling diff systems for one job? I need some help. So which unit would you recommend and ALSO where in the panel (picture attached) should I install it for ease of use?

I am based in NJ (N14), I also need someone capable to do the install and if its 2-3 days, I am wiling to fly and make a trip out of it. Any takers?

Attachments

• IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back