• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Arrow engine starting issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjsviper

Reaction score
I have owned my 1969 Piper Arrow P28R 180 hp for about three months now. When I start the engine, sometimes it makes a winding noise and the prop does not turn over. I am thinking that this is happening due to not pressing in on the ignition key when turning to the start position. Is my thought process correct on this and also does anyone know why this happening or the mechanics behind it? My other thought was that i simply flooded the engine.

Thanks for any assistance.

Latest posts

Back