• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA-32 Power Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, recently closed the purchase of a new to me '81 Saratoga, and I was hoping to gain any insights in the way of tips & tricks from you more experienced Piper flyers! Specifically, one question I had is in regards to the norm in terms of power and prop settings. My previous aircraft was a Grumman Tiger with a fixed pitch O-360, so the prop lever is a bit new to me. (I don't really feel like my experience in larger turbine type aircraft is very applicable here besides for the basic understanding of how it works...)

After your full power takeoff and/or climb, how far back to you pull the prop for cruise? @Rick G I've seen some of your posts regarding your search for speed and efficiency... if you don't mind I'd definitely welcome your thoughts as to how you have settled into running your engine. All advice and experience is welcome, and thank you in advance!

Happy New Year!

Latest posts

Back