• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA-28 So I've got this nut...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Could use anyone's knowledge here...

My hanger is in a busy part of the airport, the hangers are all leased and weekends it's not uncommon to have three or four planes pulling forward at the same time. Because of this, I often get some bits FOD blown into my hanger doors when open. Planes run up at the end of the row of hangers all the time and blow stuff around.

So I look down next to my workbench and find this nut on the hanger floor, which looks like the type of nut used to secure control cables.

I've never seen this on my PA-28, however, and it was three inches from the door.

Could be from another plane being pulled forward.
Could be from my plane possibly...

I have spent the last hour looking over the plane and checking controls and so forth. I can't find anything wrong. No spots where a bolt once was. No bolts without nuts. No loose cables I can see. She seems perfectly airworthy but who wants to discover a cable coming loose midair? I feel like I have been diligent and careful but short of an inspection at the ol' shop I don't know where else to look.

So.... Can anyone tell me where a nut such as this might be found on a '67 PA-28?

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back