• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA-32-300 Mixture Control Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2nd post here - 1st one where I'm asking for help. :)

My Cherokee Six goes in for annual at the end of the month, and I'd like to have the mixture control cable replaced this year. It has been 'sticky' and hard to move for a number of years now, and last year the IA lubed it (not sure what specifically was done) and it was much better but only for a short time. Now it is back to it's old ways again, and I'm afraid one day I won't be able to move it and will be stuck somewhere AOG.

I remember last year my IA mentioning he'd looked a bit and couldn't find a direct replacement part, and so this year I started looking too and can't seem to locate one either. The Cherokee parts manual lists quite a few cable part numbers, but all of them that I can find have the twist knob on the end of them and mine is a push knob/lever that goes up and down. Anyone have any experience with this? Where can I get a cable? It's a 1969 PA-32-300.

Here's a picture of what I have:

Latest posts

Back