• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pa-24-250

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyCanadianGuy

Reaction score
Im looking at getting checked out in my friends 1958 Comanche 250 with the IO-540. One thing I found weird is the vernier controls. The order from left to right is Mixture, Throttle, Pitch. I thought throttle is ALWAYS on the very left? Is this an error from years ago or are some airplanes different? Also, I am having a hard time finding info on the tip tanks. It is my understanding that the tips increase gross weight by 200 lbs, therefore they more or less negate their own weight, but is there a procedure for which tanks to burn fuel first? And lastly, on takeoff, with all controls to the wall, RPM can achieve AND slightly pass max RPM, is it ok to coarsen the pitch slightly during take off to keep rpms down? Sorry, a new plane type for me and I have alot of questions!

Latest posts

Back