• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Oil Temp Probe Location on TSIO-360-EB's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilepolice

Reaction score
I'm in the midst of an Insight G4 Twin engine monitor install and my mechanic and I are at a loss for a good place to probe for the engine oil temperature.

We're going to T-tap the oil supply line to the turbocharger for oil pressure sender, so that's solved.. but the stock oil temp probe is between the oil cooler and the case on the left rear of the engine.

He's going to ask some guys that are more familiar with this breed of cont engine but I thought I'd post here and get ideas too, if anyone has them.

The engine monitor is not primary for oil temp, so I can't replace the stock probe, and the stock probe is an single wire engine grounded type, while the engine monitor is a twin lead K-type thermocouple, so I can't simply share the existing stock probe.

There's a chance that the oil temp and oil pressure probes could become "primary" stc replacements in the future, so I don't want to do anything drastic (like drill holes in the oil cooler, yikes)

Latest posts

Back