• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Not making full RPM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertNomad

Reaction score
I have a Dakota which is limited to 2400 RPM. I have both an Electronics Intl digital tach as well as a JPI 830. The JPI usually reads about 20 RPM higher than the EI Tach, so I tend to use the EI one as it is the certified unit. Normally on initial climb from Reno (4415') on a cool morning I get about 2360 on the EI tach. Today however, taking off at about 95-100F and DA of about 8000', I only got 2340. Is this normal on a hot day? I think I was correctly leaned, but have not noticed this before.

I wonder if my prop cable to the lever needs a minor adjustment?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back