• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New member needing some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpm1

Reaction score
Hello All,
My name is Joey Martin and I am based out of ARA (New Iberia/Acadiana RGNL). I started my PPL last year but unfortunately with the combinations of a bad CFI, a could have been bad incident while flying with this CFI and having to move due to work I did not complete my training. Now with more time, a great CFI and a much larger pocket book I am about just over half way to completing my PPL. I am also now in the market for and ready to purchase an aircraft. I know I don't want, nor do I wish to pay for a large complex aircraft as I wish to keep the money that will flying out of the window to a minimal if there is such a thing with ac ownership. I have an ex-wife and daughter that have proven there worth in gold when it comes to this, but I digress. So it's between a 161 or 180. Currently my mission is more or less just me and either my daughter or the current significant other/friend or two. As far as distance goes, it would strictly be regional type flying (Texas, Arkansas, Florida) with the occasional once every two years or so a 1000 NM (one way) trip from Louisiana to Ohio to pick up my daughter. I don't think weight would be "much" of an issue as I am 150 soaking wet, my daughter is 5 and I typical don't have a significant other who cant get into my Audi A5. The Audi rule is like a natural filter and keeps things in perspective. Anywhos... In my search I found this ac...
http://www.controller.com/listingsd...-WARRIOR-II/1978-PIPER-WARRIOR-II/1271821.htm
Is this decent ac and what would be a good initial asking/starting price? I think the plane looks good inside and out... the avionics are old but it does have an AP which I have not seen on many 161's out there right now. Any opinions/suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx!
Joey
http://www.controller.com/listingsd...-WARRIOR-II/1978-PIPER-WARRIOR-II/1271821.htm

Latest posts

Back