• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Mystery part Cherokee 140

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldbold

Reaction score
I traced a squeeking noise to a mystery part on the right-rear engine baffle on a 1968 Cherokee 140 Lycoming O-320. This part is a a short (about 3") hollow tube, about 1/2" in diameter, that extends aft and downward, and rubs loosely on the engine mount/frame...causing squeeking.

In the two image attached, I highlighted the mystery part, showing the tube exiting from the baffle, showing where it appears to be picking off some cooling air for some purpose. It appears to be designed to tap a part of engine cooling air that passes via a 3-4" hose to the carb heat. I can't find anything in the parts or service manual.

Any ideas what this mystery part does? Help :confused:

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back