• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1967 Cherokee 140/160

gwav8or

Reaction score
1967 Piper Cherokee 140/160 - $32,900

I have decided to sell my Cherokee 140. I've owned it since October of 2010 and love flying this little bird. It's a joy to fly and own, but life happens and I need to sell.

1967 Cherokee 140/160

Located near Tulsa, Ok at 2K9.

Engine
160HP
PowerFlow Exhaust
Annual completed 6/18
IFR Cert Due 5/19
2965 TT (very low time!)
1000 TSMOH
150 STOP
These times will increase as the plane is flown regularly.
Compressions at last annual (6/18) were:
76/80, 78/80, 76/80, 74/80

Avionics
Garmin 430W w/VOR/LOC/GS (current databases)
MAC1700 w/VOR/LOC/GS (indicator currently inop)
PS Engineering 4 Place Intercom (3 jacks installed)
Avionics Master Switch
New Hobbs installed at last annual

Misc
Battery minder
Cool Air Scoop
Cabin Cover
Hat Rack (Baggage Area)

At top overhaul (3/15) we did the following:
4 New Lycoming Cylinders (NOT OH)
Rebuilt Mags
Rebuilt Alternator
New Camshaft
New Oil Hoses
Installed PowerFlow Exhaust
Repitched prop to cruise pitch

Asking $32,900

IMG_0991.jpg
IMG_0992.jpg
IMG_0994.jpg
IMG_0995.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg
IMG_1004.jpg
IMG_1006.jpg

My number is 539-777-0971 if you’d like to chat.

bryris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good price. I paid more for less when I bought mine. I bet you could pull that 430w and pull in 6k for it alone, then sell the rest of the airplane for what you are asking or very close to it.

gwav8or

Reaction score
Looks like a good price. I paid more for less when I bought mine. I bet you could pull that 430w and pull in 6k for it alone, then sell the rest of the airplane for what you are asking or very close to it.
Yeah I’m considering that as well. I wouldn’t have any problem taking 30k for the 140 without the 430w.

I’m really sad to let my baby go but I don’t have anywhere to keep it. [emoji22]

gwav8or

Reaction score
Well the buyer that said this airplane was exactly what he was looking for and wanted to buy the plane has backed out of the deal unexpectedly. So, the plane is back on the market. Plane buyers are a finicky bunch.....

bryris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its get real quickly when you've got to go withdraw 33k from the bank. Its all fun and games until its time to pay.

TheDoc

Reaction score
Its get real quickly when you've got to go withdraw 33k from the bank. Its all fun and games until its time to pay.
Sure, and we don’t know the details. But I know from selling a warrior two summers ago this is a great price for this aircraft. My warrior had KX-170B radios, no 430 (or any gps) and is 150hp. It sold for slightly more than this asking price.

Someone should jump on this before the seller comes to his senses and pulls the 430.

Of course all this assumes a pre-buy doesn’t uncover something but we’re giving a fellow forum member the benefit of doubt on that.

gwav8or

Reaction score
Ok fellas, here's the scoop. My wife and I have both accepted wonderful opportunities in a new city. I've called all the airports near my new home and nobody has anything for rent. Nothing. Nada. I found a small hangar for sale at a nearby airport but it is a 45 minute drive from my new home. This isn't conducive to frequent flying. I love airplanes. They've given me much joy over the last 20+ years. Two things I won't do to an airplane are letting it sit without being flown and keeping it tied down outside. Neither are good for airplanes. Yes, they will survive but no I won't do it. Some might have a different opinion and that' fine. Just not my opinion.

My plan is to continue searching for a hangar while the aircraft is for sale. I know aircraft can take a while to sell so I'm just getting a jump on it. If I find a hangar before I sell the aircraft, well I won't sell the aircraft. :)

I'm not hiding anything on this airplane. I won't skimp on maintenance either. I trust this aircraft with the lives of my passengers, namely my wife. I won't knowingly put her or any other passenger in danger. It's not worth a few more dollars in yearly maintenance. There are two things not shown in the pictures of this aircraft and that's two small places of hangar rash. One about 3/8" in diameter on the right wing tip that has been there since before I bought the aircraft and the other is about 1/2" in diameter on the right stabilator tip that I did about 5 years ago. Anybody that is interested in buying this aircraft, I encourage to do a prebuy. I would not encourage anybody to buy it without a prebuy.

About the buyer that backed out. A nice gentleman from up northeast called and was elated to find this aircraft. He wanted it for he and his grandson who had just gotten his ppl to fly. We discussed details and agreed on purchase price, etc. He even agreed to a decent deposit (didn't send yet). I drew up a contract and emailed it to him. 24 hours later he emailed me and said that he had found a better deal that was more suited to his needs and that he needed to walk away from the deal. I can't blame or fault him, it was just very disappointing and frustrating to me.

I appreciate the positive comments on my aircraft and if anybody wants to chat just drop me a line and I'll send you my phone number.

I would definitely consider removing the 430w if the right offer were made but that is one of the selling points. At the end of the day, it is still a Cherokee 140.

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
I drive 45 minutes each way to/from the hangar in Orlando... you get used to it, especially if its a great place. Not that I'm trying to discourage you from selling, but keep looking for your hangar...

sk

gwav8or

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya. I just know how my schedule will work. With it 40-45 minutes away, I just won't fly as much. But I'm looking for a hangar still so we'll see.