• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My avionics upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gusve

Reaction score
I know the Internet is full of advice but I would like to run this by my forum friends. I have a NGT9000 transponder with ADSB in/out a S-Tec 30 w/ALT hold and a very reliable KLN 89B GPS (getting old and want more capabilities). I'm considering installing a GNC355 and keep my older BK 170B to drive my KI-209 to have VOR/ILS glideslope as well. Other option will be to replace the 170 (also old but bullet proof) with a SL30 to drive the glideslope. I don't want to drop $20,000 dollars at once, hence no GTN 650/IFD 440. What do you guys think?
The first picture is my actual panel when the NGT was installed.
Later I will update and remove vacuum system with 2 G5's, Aspen, or AV30 if they come up with the update to drive my auto pilot. Last will be an CGR-30P engine monitor from Electronic International. I am an A&P and have an AI that will work with me to install and sign off.
panel.jpg
option 3.jpg
option 1.jpg

Latest posts

Back