• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Midcontinent MD93 Clock/USB Charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N5470Y

Reaction score
I still had the old wind up clock in my Aztec and I was also tired of all the wires from my Ipad and Dual GPS running across the cockpit to the cigarette lighter on the co-pilot side, so I figured I get the MD93. It is a digital multi function clock and has 2 USB ports built in. Very nice! It comes with the connector and loose pins, you have to make up the "harness" yourself. Pretty simple, ground, positive, dimmer and flight timer.

My hobbs meter is connected to the gear switch so I figuered for the sake of loggable flight time I'd simply hook the flight timer up to the master switch. The install manual says if this is what you would like to do simply make a jumper from the flight timer pin to either the positive OR ground pins. I choose to go to the positive pin.

I have the correct tool for crimping these pins and if I don't say so myself, they looked really nice. I installed the clock, checked it for power, set the clocks, made sure the USB ports were working and made sure the dimmer was working with my panel dimmer. Everything seemed fine so I buttoned it up. I did however fail to check the flight timer, that is until my first flight. And it doesn't work, Just stays at zero. I really don't think my connector is bad. I am just wondering why the install manual says to hook the timer to positive or ground? It's going to be a bit of a project to change it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I tried to contact MidContinent but they won't talk to me because I am not a dealer. Could the clock be defective?

My lesson here to make sure you check ALL functions before buttoning things up! I feel like a real dummy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back