• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for the moment arm / station location of a 180 battery...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in need of the battery station location or arm for an early 180 with the battery mounted on the tray behind the the rear bulkhead. I have a 140 that was repowered with the O-360, and the battery was not moved from under the rear seat to the location that was used in a 180 from the factory. The paperwork states that all work was completed to make the plane a 180 except moving the battery. I want to move the battery back to help the CG issues...

My current CG is 86.0 inches at 1384 empty weight.... moving the battery back will also eliminate 50 lbs of lead that I have in the back of the baggage area, that is the same as the 180 aircraft, at station 142.5. even with the 50 lbs I am always on the front edge of the CG envelope, thus needing a more noes up trim, inducing drag. I have the battery tray out of a 180 coming, and have the battery box already... will also need a new Bogarts battery cable to run back to the new location.

And yes, this will all be accomplished with proper paperwork.....

Latest posts

Back