• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

3rd New Concord Battery RG35AXC and question about moving the battery aft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got that feeling I might be overlooking something and indeed a check of the logbook showed my Concord RG35AXC had just passed six years in service in my PA28-151(180). Still working fine but since the vacuum system has been removed it seems like extra attention to the battery is warranted. So replaced with another RG35AXC. This is the third Concord RG35AXC I have had, the first one stayed in for 10 years and I replaced it only out of caution. Before that a Gill G35 went for three years before dying.

Question if anybody knows. For W&B how much work is it to move the battery from under the seat to the shelf in the aft compartment? Is it just a matter of running a longer wire to the contactor/power relay (also under the rear seat)? And what about the ground--does the ground cable go all the way forward to the engine or is it grounded to the airframe? If the ground does go to the engine, is it possible to splice the additional length required with a connector of some sort, or, does the whole ground cable need to be replaced?

Latest posts

Back