• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for Arrow "Hubcap"

5x5

Reaction score
Anyone have an Arrow wheelcover/hubcap lying around? One of mine somehow dissappeared and just wondering if there's one lurking in the cobwebs somewhere.

EchoDelta

Reaction score
Anyone have an Arrow wheelcover/hubcap lying around? One of mine somehow dissappeared and just wondering if there's one lurking in the cobwebs somewhere.
I can’t help you with a “spare” hubcap. The original design requires that you remove the hubcap (3 screws) every time you want to check tire pressure or add air. As a result, the mating threads in the wheel eventually wear, and the screws can fall out. LoPresti offers a much better design that incorporates a small door that provides access to the tire/tube valve, so you only have to remove the hubcap for tire changes. $250 for a pair, which is not terrible by aviation standards.
http://www.loprestiaviation.com/hubba-hubba-cap

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t help you with a “spare” hubcap. The original design requires that you remove the hubcap (3 screws) every time you want to check tire pressure or add air. As a result, the mating threads in the wheel eventually wear, and the screws can fall out. LoPresti offers a much better design that incorporates a small door that provides access to the tire/tube valve, so you only have to remove the hubcap for tire changes. $250 for a pair, which is not terrible by aviation standards.
http://www.loprestiaviation.com/hubba-hubba-cap

I believe you can rotate the hubcap 1/6 turn and drill and tap 3 fresh holes in the wheel. On some wheels I've seen this possibility.

EDIT: rotate 1/6 turn, not ⅓.

Last edited:

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
I have a 'lone hubcap' in the hangar... its white powder coat. Have no idea where the other one is... wasn't on the plane when we purchased it, and I found the 'lone hubcap' in a box in the back of the plane.

sk

5x5

Reaction score
Any chance you might like to give that lone hubcap a new home up in Canada?

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pair already painted white. What will you give for them?

They are off my 1976 Arrow II.

Dave

image.jpg

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Best that I can tell, they are part number 451-783.

Dave

image.jpg

5x5

Reaction score
Thanks Dave, however I already have one on the way.

Hopefully I don't ever need another one. ;)

GM.

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I believe you can rotate the hubcap 1/6 turn and drill and tap 3 fresh holes in the wheel. On some wheels I've seen this possibility.
Or simply insert Helicoils or other thread insert in the old holes.

Latest posts