• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for an Archer

Tony Winters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a sale of a 1980 Archer II fall through during the pre-buy so cash in on hand. This plane is going to be for me to train and build hours on. Would like to be in the 40-50k price range if possible. Thanks!

Baron62

Supporting Member
Reaction score
An archer II priced below $50K will typically need some work or have an engine near TBO. You could get a decent Warrior at that price level that would be good for building time.

Last edited:

Tony Winters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I’m ok with a run out engine or an Archer than needs some love. I’m 6’5” and 260 pounds so I really like the 180hp engine and the longer fuselage over a Cherokee 180.

PaulR

Reaction score
I just had a sale of a 1980 Archer II fall through during the pre-buy so cash in on hand. This plane is going to be for me to train and build hours on. Would like to be in the 40-50k price range if possible. Thanks!
40-50K range your probably going to be looking at an Archer 1980 with a run out engine, just for reference I sold my 82 Archer in 2013 and the market was really depressed and prices way down for about 65K which was the asking price to the first and only buyer after it was listed for sale for about one year on all the major online websites.

Mine had all the belles and whistles with g-430, ap with alt etc, 500hrs on overhauled engine and was pristine with paint and new interior and probably would be selling for 75-80K for reference now. Best wishes in finding your Archer and anything nice will be in the this price range, a Cherokee 180 1968 or newer might be in your price range and would recommend you look at them also for sale and very nice first plane and easy to fly and maintain.

flyingtigerrpj

Reaction score
Yea I’m ok with a run out engine or an Archer than needs some love. I’m 6’5” and 260 pounds so I really like the 180hp engine and the longer fuselage over a Cherokee 180.
The 1973 and 1974 Cherokee 180's have the stretched cabin, 180HP and 170 sq ft wing area just like the Archer but are much more reasonably priced. your cake and eat it too

Latest posts