• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

LED strobe kits for Cherokee 140

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to put wing tip stobes on my Cherokee. Its never had them before. I'll admit, I know next to nothing about them.

My basic plan, subject to change as I research, is to replace the existing red/green tip lights with LED replacements that have both strobes and LED red/greens. I would have to have my single anticollision light switch replaced with a dual sided so that I could run the strobes independently of the beacon. My red/green lights are currently wired to one of the panel lighting roller switches.

While I'm at it, I want to replace the stock "coffee can" tail tip beacon with a lower profile LED replacement. Probably should replace that little white nav light on the upper tail while I'm at it.

At this point, I'd be 100% LED on the outside. My nose landing light is already LED.

I've cruised around spruce and have seen some that look nice. But sometimes you don't know what you don't know. This is new territory for me. Just looking for any advice from those who have come before and have done this conversion. What kits are good?

Latest posts

Back