• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Landing gear indicator intermittent - driving me nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been having an intermittent problem with my right main landing gear green light.

Problem:
* It has a delay of 10 - 60 seconds to come on. It seems to be temperature related. The colder it is, the longer it takes to come on.
* I don't seem have the problem when the lights are dimmed - with external nav lights on.

What has been done so far:
* Gear down sensor switch changed.
* Gear swings done 50+ times.
* A&P says "it works in the hanger". :-|
* Rewired from the gear down switch all the way to the panel.
* Replaced bulbs.
* Wiggling the bulbs in the socket or swapping from left to right doesn't seem to make any difference. After playing with it for a while I realized that wigging for a while doesn't actually work - it's the time delay that causes it to come on.

This has been an ongoing issue for about 3 years. I'm looking for suggestions how to fix.

For now I've learned to put my gear down sooner. I know the gear is down because I can feel the click in the rudder pedal. But the freggin green light is driving me nuts!

Thanks

Latest posts

Back