• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Lance Nose Gear and Spring Contact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 1976 Lance that I flew about 12 hours last weekend. When cleaning it up afterward, I noticed that the top of the casting on the nose gear assembly had what appeared to be contact/wear marks from the spring on the nose gear arm. More than just marks, there are actual divots in the metal. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? The gear seems to retract and extend just fine, but it bothers me that there is contact where there should be none. Pictures below.View attachment ImageUploadedByPiper Forum1440026246.741452.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByPiper Forum1440026275.067879.jpg

Latest posts

Back