• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Lance cabin heat stuck on "Hot"...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluejay

Reaction score
Looking for any advice on how to deal with it... While trying to turn the heat off once it got warmer on a recent flight, I felt a very strong resistance like when pushing/pulling something past a "stop" when sliding the heat lever to the left (off). After that the lever felt kind of "limp" and when sliding, the defrost lever moved in tandem.
On the ground, after taking the cowling off, I checked and the cable is not broken and does visually open and close the outside safety-wired right-angle pulley even though is shows 2-3 mm slack. But even when seemingly closed -by looking at the heat distribution box AND the levers on "off, the heat and defrost is still on FULL ON.
Was I too ham-fisted when pulling the cockpit heat lever and pulled it "past" an inside detente and the heated air from the engine now flows simply by the "limp" flap inside?
Can someone maybe explain on how the inside of the air distribution box works?
Since I'm parked outside, I'm trying to figure out whether I should order a new/reman box for $450 if the problem is on the inside before I take that pain-in-the rear bottom cowling off, lol.
Tx everyone! Horst.

Latest posts

Back