• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

KLN-94 - two of my favorite features

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to share two of my favorite features of the KLN-94. I surprised two CFI’s who use this GPS on their trainer when they were instructing me on my plane. So, maybe someone out there with this GPS will find this useful, too.

#1 - You can scroll through the waypoints on the flight plan without having to go to the flight plan page. Just pull out the small inner knob, and you will then be able to scroll through the waypoints by turning this knob in either direction. When you find the desired waypoint, hit the D button, then enter, and then push the inner knob back in. I have found this most useful when given a clearance direct to a waypoint ahead.

#2 - You can have the GPS continuously display the nearest airport. To do this, go to the NRST page. Press the CRSR button, and then scroll to the “1” with the big outer knob. As long as the cursor is over the number “1,” the GPS will continuously update the displayed airport to that which is nearest. I look at the page every minute or so and note the heading and distance to the nearest airport so I know where to point the nose in case something goes wrong.

It’s not the latest or greatest, but it lets me file /G, and I have a lot of fun with this unit!

Latest posts

Back