• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

In Annual

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mshafer

Reaction score
It's that time again... Annual. Typical issues, brake calipers leaking-- new O rings, new brake pads both sides, exhaust clamp broken and replaced, small exhaust leak at an exhaust pipe junction before turbo charger, shoulder reel sticking -- don't know the outcome of that issue yet, new turbo intercooler air filter, ELT battery due, gear swing good, battery good, all AD's complied, engine baffling touched up.

Engine inspection -- 686 hours since overhaul (Signature Engines). Plugs all good, Mag timing unchanged, all compression's mid to upper 70's, valve train borescope inspection good-- no burning or deposits, fuel lines inspected, close inspection for cracks - leaks, all good. Oil filter opened, no metal. Oil sent off for analysis, no results yet. New Phillips multi-vis oil and cam-guard. Turbo & wastegate inspected and look good. Engine mount inspected, no cracks. So far, so good on this engine, first turbo charged engine I have operated and I run LOP almost always but have had 2 other engines done by Signature and neither one had issues.

Prop, inspected, serviced and dressed, no issues.

5th annual on this aircraft since I have had it, I spent alot of money on first 2 annuals after we put the plane back in service and it is paying off now.

Latest posts

Back