• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

I sure wish the FAA would do something about this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It happened to me again. We turned base at our non-towered airport and a plane call a two mile final and started to yell at me for cutting him of.

He was two mile out, looked like more and If i extended to get behind him I would be almost three miles from the runway!!!

A traffic pattern is designed for two things that are important. It provides an orderly flow of traffic and in the event of an engine failure the aircraft usually can get to a runway or at worst the runway clear way.

Some aircraft glide better then others too……

25C42074-E61A-4020-816B-A18651809D3A.jpeg

https://www.faa.gov/documentlibrary/media/advisory_circular/ac_90-66b.pdf

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back