• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

How to charge the battery from the power port?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHXflyer

Reaction score
Mine's on the right-rear side of the fuselage and it has one of those flapper doors. I have the cable to plug into it in order to charge the battery. My question is: How does one go about charging the battery if it's low on juice? Obviously, I know to hook the one end of the cable to my car battery, and plug the cylinder end into the power port. But does one have to turn the master switch on in the cockpit or will the battery charge without the master switch on? Also, how long would it take to charge the battery if I'm using my car to do it?

Latest posts

Back