• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Home sim for IFR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkvet

Reaction score
I know this has been posted before but I'm having a tough time locating the threads.

I'm in the middle of my IFR training. I've got about 15 hours of Foggle time. Flew 1.5h yesterday am in some really rough air and nailed the 3 approaches. Felt great!

What I'm finding is that my biggest weakness is simply efficiently working the radio / 530W / HSI while not taking too much time away from my scan. Now granted I am getting better but I feel like this is an area I could probably practice up on without burning as much 100LL!

I am looking for some advice on a simple sim setup for the house

I've used the garmin supplied 530w software and personally found it pretty lame. Yeah it helped a little with buttonology but that's it.

I think I would like a yoke and maybe a throttle quadrant but honestly that's not even totally necessary. I am not looking at this as teaching me to "fly" but rather to learn procedure.

I'd be willing to invest a few hundred $ but I'm not going all crazy with this. I'm fairy computer literate but something relatively plug and play would be ok too;).

Thanks!

Suggestions?

Latest posts

Back