• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Help with 430W Nav signal through audio panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying_Monkey

Reaction score
I have a 430W as #1 Nav/Com and a King KMA24 audio panel. I am unable to identify a VOR by audio. I believe I am doing everything correctly, and my CFII does as well. Tune 430W into VOR freq, make sure 430W is in VLOC mode, push the 430W V volume button to ID and turn up volume, and press Nav 1 on the audio panel. I do not hear anything when I do this. The 430W appears to receive and display the VOR signal properly on the CDI. KX155 on Nav 2 is able to hear the morse code and nav signal and the #2 CDI works as well.

I was just wondering if there's any troubleshooting I can do on my own before I start shelling out all kinds of cash to chase the problem down. I called the people who installed it (before I bought the plane) and they said hooking up the 430W Nav to the audio panel is standard operating procedure and it was probably done. They also said "The nav audio pin 12 should be connected to the GS430W pin P4006-16 and pin p4006-17 should be the shield ground or go to ground. "

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Latest posts

Back