• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Help landing gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pa32guy

Reaction score
I need help.
1 Mechanic replaced O ring in hoof valve with ms-28775-7 it was the wrong size and came off and disappeared into the system

2- Put correct size on hoof valve Ms 28775-6 and everything worked great. !5 gear extensions five of which emergency release.

3 test flight perfect order no more gear in transition light nor gear dropping on stands

4 one additional flight perfect. return home flight gear would not go up.

Reinspected hoof valve.. all good. Took out pump and sent to turbine rotable had them check it out all went ahead and had it rebuilt and retuned to me.

installed in plane and gear starts to go up about an inch green lights out but does not go up any more than about an inch. Pump continues to run. Its doing exactly the same as before pump was rebuilt. Any one have any ides. I flushed all lines for debri, and i did bleed lines for new pump.

exhausted

PA 32r300 Lance
Tod

Latest posts

Back