• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Hawaii in a Baron?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkvet

Reaction score
Way off topic I know, but I sometimes go over to flight aware and look at the big map just to see whats going on while I sit in my office. Always interesting to see the world in motion so to speak. Today I drug the map way out west and was looking at all the jumbos going back and forth to Honolulu. Then I noticed a smaller twin icon and clicked on it... BE58 filed direct KSMX to PHNL. Planned 2,508 NM (12.5 hours). N2448Z

OK, so I googled hawaii in a Baron and I totally understand it's possible with additional fuel tanks. That is over double the range of a standard Baron of course.

My question (if you really call it that) is whether this is something commonly done or did I just find a needle in a haystack? Surely no one actually does this for any reason other than the challenge???

Latest posts

Back