• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin 430 WAAS for sale

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pulling out my G430W for an upgrade to an Avidyne 550. It is WAAS and has terrain data. Works perfectly. Just flew IFR with it last week. Anyone interested? Time frame is mid November.

I will sell to members of this forum for less than what it would go for on eBay. It will include the rack but not the antenna.

Send me IM if interested.

varcoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be interested to use it as a back up for my 650.. pm me.

Mitchell Williams

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested if it is 12V. I would buy a 24V one also. We would install in a training aircraft. mitch 405-574-6842

Last edited:

Bob Sneberger

1966 Aztec C
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be a nice upgrade for me. Can you please send me a pm with the price?

Thanks.

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,
How much do you want for it?
Please PM
I'm going to watch the actual selling prices in eBay. There are a few listed at starting bid $5000. Seems they are selling around maybe $6500? Not sure. I haven't watched them in a while. Anyway it will be somewhere in between. :)

I'm about 2 weeks out before I pull the unit. Keep in touch. Send me a PM.

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest I have gotten so far. I will get back to everyone who send me a PM.

After giving this some thought - I also have a full WAAS and ADSB system that I'm pulling and selling.

https://www.appareo.com/aviation/stratus-product-line/stratus-transponders/
I have the Stratus ESG and the Stratus 3 ADSB in. The ADSB in external antenna connects to the transponder. Obviously the Stratus 3 transmits weather and traffic to the iPad.

Selling because I have decided to do a full Avidyne stack. (in for a penny, in for a pound). I'm probably going to use an AXP-322 remote transponder and SkyTrax-100b ADSB-in. Originally I was only focused on the GPS navigator because of the turn-around time is more in the shop. I would have to drop it off for a few days instead of just pull the Garmin unit and use same wiring for the Avidyne. But if I have the transponder also sold it's worthwhile for me to just drop it off and get the full job done.

If someone is interested in the full stack let me know. I think the combo deal could be sweetened up a bit. Otherwise I'll sell the transponder separately later - like maybe January.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Selling because I have decided to do a full Avidyne stack. (in for a penny, in for a pound). I'm probably going to use an AXP-322 remote transponder and SkyTrax-100b ADSB-in. Originally I was only focused on the GPS navigator because of the turn-around time is more in the shop.
Congrats!

The other cool option with an IFD, is the Lynx NGT-9000R (remote) transponder & ADS-B IN/OUT. With the 10.2.3.1 (current firmware) it is supported as a remote through the IFD, just like the AXP-322. The cost is $4700 or so, but there is a deal right now on an IFD/9000R combo purchase through Avidyne. Another $1200 gets you blended Active Traffic on the 9000R. The 9000R can provide ADS-B out on wifi as well, but much better to wire it directly by RS232 to the IFD. Use the IFD as the hub for portable devices. The 9000R will work with an ASPEN as well, should that be in the future.

I am looking at the 9000R as a future upgrade, because it is also diversity capable, which may be required in Canadian airspace.

Keep us up to date.

* Orest

Last edited:

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems the selling price is 6100 to 6800. I received feedback they they are selling for 5000. Sorry. Not true. Starting bid might be 5000 but the final bid is what counts.
Screenshot_20191030-075240_eBay.jpg