• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Fuel Pressure Bleeddown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efour321

Reaction score
Hi aviation minded folks. I am a relatively recent member and would like any information relating to the possible reason to the fuel pressure gauge on my 1969 piper 140. This plane has not been flown in nine years however has been annualed the last four years. The problem seems to have surfaced the last six or so flights. After shutdown, the pressure gauge settles at 5 lbs. of pressure. Prior to starting engine I start the electric fuel pump. I hear the electric motor running, the fuel gauge barely moves to (5.1 lbs.) and after starting the engine, the mechanical pump raises the pressure to to the normal pressure (noticeably higher). After shut-down, the fuel pressure gauge settles back at 5 lbs. and stays there. Help!! Being a new member, I spent nearly 1/2 day reading posts on PA 28. Excellent Forum Great Members :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back