• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Eyeball vent removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg S

Reaction score
So what's the secret to getting at the eyeball vents in the roof? I want to think the trim ring just pries off to expose some screws in the vent itself, but I don't want to hamfist the trim ring only to find out it doesn't just press fit onto the vent. Hints anyone? The eyeballs are really hard to move and I was going to see if there was some way to clean them up and maybe get them loosened up a bit. Replacement would be the preferred option, as thet're getting kind of funky. I'm in the middle of replacing the rear windows now. Got the old ones out and the new ones trimmed. Decided to repaint the trim before reinstalling it. The replacement windows are 1/8" and it appears the original ones were 1/16". Only issue looks like some holes will have to be redrilled to remount the retaining strips as the thicker plexiglas moves them out somewhat. We shall see.

Latest posts

Back